Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Human Person Is an Integral Union of Body and Soul

I really wanted to write about this subject for the ToB reflections, but there wasn't a question at the end of the section...so I've decided to comment on it here, on the Full of Grace blog.

Body and Soul = you. Thank you God for making me a multi-dimensional/faceted (?) being.

This concept seems so compelling to me. Think about it - before we have a meal (nourishing the BODY), we say a prayer (nourishing the SOUL). During grace we aren't simply giving thanks for the food we are about to eat, we are looking both inward and outward, toward God.

My goal for this next year (starting right now) is to balance my time spent on BODY and SOUL. Maybe a trip to the gym and some time spent in front of the Blessed Sacrament. Maybe Mass and a quick jog around the neighborhood. Maybe a yoga practice (which I direct totally toward Jesus - feel free to ask me about that) followed by a rosary.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful summer!

Laura Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment