Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Jesus through Mary

Hi ladies!

I hope you are all enjoying your summers!

I wanted to share a little story with you all. I don’t know if any of you have had any similar experiences, but this just blew my mind and it involves Gratia Plena, so I needed to share.

Last Sunday at Mass, I was thinking about how I was struggling, as I do most summers, with keeping Christ close in my life without the support of you beautiful women and the CUA community. I'm always talking and reading about my faith, but I feel like I've been lacking in spirituality lately. And as many of you know, I was abroad last semester, so that was difficult as well. At Mass, I was thinking to myself how I needed to bring more prayer and spirituality into my life and just to remind myself that God is constantly present in our lives.

After Mass, my family had planned on going to this park to meet up with some of my family. A few minutes after we hit the road, I realized I had forgotten to put my saint bracelet on, which I wanted to start wearing all the time as a constant reminder of God's presence. I couldn't believe it. I had barely started my resolution and I was already failing. I put my headphones in my ears, turned on my iPod, and kind of zoned out for a few minutes. Then, I don't remember if I was pointing to something or why I looked at my wrist, but there, on my left wrist, was my saint bracelet. I just stared at it. I was POSITIVE I wasn't wearing it when I got in the car. I just smiled and continued to look at Mary, the charm that had caught my eye. It was then that I realized that Our Lady had also been missing from my life. And I immediately thought of Gratia Plena. "To Jesus, through Mary". I realized I need to bring Mary back into my life because I know that she will help bring me closer to her Son. I don’t know if I’m just crazy or if I witnessed something miraculous, but I’m pretty sure Mary is praying for me and you better believe I will be praying to her a whole lot more now too.
I can’t wait to see all of you in August to catch up and so we can talk about how beautiful Our Mother Mary is! Know that you all are in my prayers.

Prayerfully, Spiritually, to Jesus through Mary,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment