Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ok if anyone wants to hear a really awesome song download "Average Girl" by Barlowgirl.
Here are the lyrics.
"Average Girl"
So what I'm not your average girl.
I don't meet the standards of this world
Chasing after boys is not my thing
See I'm waiting for a wedding ring

No more dating
I'm just waiting
Like sleeping beauty
My prince will come for me
No more dating I'm just waiting
'Cause God is writing my love story

Boys are bad that's certainly not true
'Cause God's preparing one for you
If you get tired waiting till he comes
Gods arms are the perfect place to run


I love that song I have just been blasting it in my car so much being like yeah!!!

~Jamie

1 comment:

  1. I love that song!! BarlowGirl is awesome. I saw them at SoulFest last summer - their show made me cry. My favorite song of theirs is "Mirror" (lyrics below)

    Mirror, Mirror on the wall; Have I got it?
    'Cause Mirror you've always told me who I am
    I’m finding It’s not easy to be perfect
    So sorry, you won’t define me
    Sorry, you don’t own me

    Who are you to tell me
    that I’m less than what I should be?
    Who are you? Who are you?
    I don’t need to listen
    to the list of things I should do
    I won’t try; no I won’t try

    Mirror I am seeing a new reflection
    I’m looking into the eyes of who you made me and
    To Him I have beauty beyond compare
    I know He defines me

    I don't know what it is, but there's something about that song that just moves me - maybe it's the idea that God really, truly loves me for who I am simply because He made me. That's something I've really struggled with accepting for most of my life.

    Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete